SpeedTouch 780WL users
Details about the management users found on the SpeedTouch
If you open your user.ini configuration file in a text editor you'll find a number of users.
[ mlpuser.ini ] add name=Administrator password=_CYP_XXXXXXXXXX role=Administrator hash2=XXXX defuser=enabled add name=tech password=_CYP_YYYYYYYYYY role=TechnicalSupport hash2=YYYYYYY defremadmin=enabled
The fields are:
- Account name
- CLI password for telnet access
- Account role. For a list of available roles see ":mlp role list".
- Web interface password (HTTP Digest)
- Various flags used by the web gui
An interesting experiment is to add a "root" user. Practically this has very little value as the default "Administrator" account has full rights, but anyway here it goes:
- Open your user.ini in a text editor
- Copy the add name=Administrator line
- Change name= to name=root, and role= to role=root.
- Save the file and restore the configuration to the router
- Log in to the CLI as root and run "user config password yourpassword" to have hash2 recalculated
As an alternative to "user config password" you can use the Apache htdigest command and then copy the hash from the htdigest created file to user.ini
Security warning: This "root" account can be used as an alternative hidden "tech" account if you enable remote administration.